Thread: Traffic = ~0?
View Single Post
Old 03.06.2012, 14:53   #5
<3Less

Well, I wouldn't say impossible exactly, but I see your points. Also, i figured the reward, as it would only be given to one person per tiny contest thing, couldn't possibly reward anyone more than any others. Sure maybe cause that clan has more people, the chances of a person in that clan winning the reward would be greater, but in the grand scheme of the game, it would still just be one person with the reward.

As for people only posting when they want to whine, well that may be true. I'm kind of a forum rat, i like to use forums usually, and I have seen tons of sites where forums are used on a consistent basis, often conferring on things that are being restated or reimagined. Those were different sites though, so I suppose I shoudn't be thinking the forums should be working the same way on this one.

Just for one thing, people like to give their opinions. That's just something people like to do. People also like to discuss those opinions, and argue, two things being logical debate and mindless 'i'm right, you're wrong' scenarios. We have some of that here, but its just...slow. There isn't much to debate about on this game. Where should I put my stat points? Should I focus on gold or experience? Bla bla, game mechanics, bla. Those can be talked to DEATH. Does it get annoying? Yeah. Is it always relevant? Usually; as long as there are always newer players joining.

But there is so much people can discuss on here. The game is so much more than the wait 2-12 minutes here, and an hour here, and upgrading stats and your guild. There's a story behind every single character in this game, assuming the person playing has the imagination to create it. We can create character backgrounds, far more in depth than what fits in the character description box. We can post stories, of things your characters have done. Example: You were in a clan war, or even a normal arena battle; you want to write about it in an imaginative way, why not? There is no end to discussion when imagination is involved. There could be posts being the imagination aspect, and those who want to discuss the things that are written.

And theres the story line of the game itself, as slow as that may be to traverse. Its different I assume for all races, though it could not be. In any case, thats a story that can be discussed, critiqued, whatever.

There are always things to talk about, people just have to open their minds a little to see whats out there. I'm not saying that me mentioning this is gonna bring in more posters, but I can hardly say that the lack of posters is related to the lack of new things to talk about.

Idk. Guess Ill just have to get my forum fix someplace else, it just would have been convenient to get it here, since i play the game anyway.

Last edited by <3Less; 03.06.2012 at 17:35.
<3Less is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to <3Less For This Useful Post: