Bloodmoon - Supportforum

Go Back   Bloodmoon - Supportforum > Game & Support > Strategy & Tactics

Notices

Old 10.01.2012, 13:08   #71
Engelstaub

No need to apologize.

No idea who Playa is, and where/how to reach him...
Engelstaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10.01.2012, 13:17   #72
DominicS

Lightbulb

Playa is the company who makes Bloodmoon, Shakes and Fidget and some other browser games. I am not sure about contact info, but I am sure that once ItzKoopa reads this, or someone with more knowledge than me, they can provide that information.

I, too, echo the sentiments of sympathy at your predicament. That is truly an awful thing to happen to your toon.
DominicS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DominicS For This Useful Post:
Old 10.01.2012, 13:46   #73
Bianca

Default I have contacted him before

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engelstaub View Post
No need to apologize.

No idea who Playa is, and where/how to reach him...
Use the ''Support'' link on the top of the main page it is to the right of the ''forum'' link. You might possibly not get benefit from this, but you can express you unhappiness with what happened and suggest that they make it at the very least harder for this situation to occur again
Bianca is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bianca For This Useful Post:
Old 11.01.2012, 09:52   #74
Engelstaub

thanks, send playa a pm.
Engelstaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24.03.2012, 07:54   #75
Burnt

Lots to consider and even more that needs clarifying in these 8 pages of people misunderstanding certain aspects of the various statistics, but i'll do my best.

Strength: Strength is one of the easiest statistics to understand in that it gives a static increase to damage, simply put higher strength will do more damage. When considering the value of strength you need to also consider armour, if you were doing 100 points of damage for example but the guy you are hitting has 75% damage reduction then you lose 75 damage per hit. now if you are doing 10000 points of damage per hit then you lose 7500 points of damage aginst that same guy making strength extremely dependant on the armour of your opponent as to how worthwhile it really is. In short the more strength you have the more his armour is worth.

Dexterity: Dexterity is not especially complicated from a practical point of view, basically it works by increasing your chance to hit an opponent and reducing his chance to hit you in return. Now what people do not seem to fully understand is that this chance is percentage based. What that means in reality is that the larger numbers you are talking about the more dexterity it takes to make a significant difference. If your opponent has 100 dex and you have 200 then you have 100% more dex than your opponent, if your opponent has 1000 and you have 1200 then you only have 20% more. In that respect dexterity only becomes viable at extremes meaning that at high level you would need 1000's of points more dex than your opponent to make a significant difference which is why mass dex builds become less viable.

Willpower: Willpower is a great statistic at low level... Why? Because willpower causes what we like to call in gaming terms "True damage" this means it cannot be dodged and is not affected by armour reduction. Now what makes it so powerful at low level is that low level players do not have massive bonuses to their constitution (this will be explained in the next stat).

Constitution: Constitution scales to a huge degree the higher your level becomes, the more con you have the more bonuses it recieves from, vitality potions, clan fortress AND armour. All of these bonuses stack with each other, the other guy stacks strength? That's ok your con will absorb the extra damage and more as long as you have remembered to cap your armour. The other guy stacks willpower? Np your con will absorb all that damage and laugh because theres no +25% willpower potion or bonus to willpower from clan. your opponent stacks dex? Again laugh at him because he will have to rely on a relatively broken RNG formula where as your con is solid and unchanging due to something known as "Effective Life".

Effective life: Effective life means after we have worked out how much damage we are taking and how much we are reducing it by, what are we really getting hit for and how long can we survive? For our example lets say we have 100,000 life and we have 10,000 damage incoming per attack, fairly simple 10 x 10,000 = 100,000 and we are dead, so 10 attacks killed us. Now lets include our armour, 10,000 damage reduced by 75% armour means we only take 2500 damage per hit. 2500 x 40 = 100,000... So now it has taken 40 hits to kill us instead of 10 making every single point of life we have worth 4x as much. Our effective life with 75% damage reduction is 400,000 meaning we need to recieve 400,000 points of damage to actually kill us in any real scenario.

Hope these explanations helped for anybody who was struggling.
Burnt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Burnt For This Useful Post:
Old 25.03.2012, 14:59   #76
Liz Summers

Fairly good guide, Burnt, but it can be kind of misleading to some people and make them think that at higher levels a full con build would rule. It really does not.

Partly this is because when you factored in armor to defenses, you failed to factor in weapon damage to offenses when combined with strength levels. Because damage scales, rather than being stuck to the 'true' amount the weapon is listed for, there is no such thing as surviving 40 hits.

By the time you hit level 100 you should have roughly 350k health with vit potions and potions of might on, or roughly 220k without them. Meanwhile, you should roughly be able to average for 100k a hit. Even with full 75% protection that means only 4 hits per 100k health on average. That's roughly 8-9 hits survivable without pots, or 13-14 hits with them. Meanwhile if all you have pumped is constitution you could maybe survive 1-3 extra hits, but you in turn will land very few hits, and when they land they won't be the 25k after reduction they will be more like 16k.

Furthermore, dexterity is a bit more complicated than you make it out to being. If player A has 14000 attack rating and player B has 13000 you won't notice much difference in dodge rates. But if player A has 14500 and player B has 12500 you will notice a significant difference, and yet the difference in total dexterity to get those extra 500 points in both directions is very small indeed.

Once she led a happy life... until vampires entered into it. Now it is her life's quest to rid the world of as many of the demonic beings as she can until the day some big bad has his 'one good day'.
Liz Summers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Liz Summers For This Useful Post:
Old 03.04.2012, 19:17   #77
Burnt

Yes I should definitely have explained how strength is relative to your weapon damage but I wrote it quickly so I apologise.

In regards to your point about dexterity and how you will notice a significant difference I have to disagree. I currently have 9908 attack and destroy a player with 13911 on a daily basis.

My stats, Her stats
Level 90, 86
Weapon damage 243 - 541, 250 - 494
Armour 4643, 4317
Strength 1626, 1266
Dexterity 1500, 2159
Willpower 1172, 1729
Constitution 2024, 1263

As you can see we are very close to being even in terms of total stats and we both have all potions/bonuses available, infact her clans fortress is 2 levels higher than mine. My level advantage only assists me by reducing her armour reduction down from 75% to roughly 72%. I am already armour capped so I gain no bonus to my armour. Our weapons are also very similar giving me a slight advantage on the extra high end damage. The real differences are me having more life and hitting harder, while I lose out on curse and attack. Even with the quite significant difference in attack I don't really miss very often and win the fight extremely easily. This is the problem with any RNG element in combat, technically I could get extremely unlucky and miss every hit and lose, however that has not been the case for a long time.

I apologize if I seemed to be telling people to stack nothing but Con, what I actually meant was that stacking lots of Con counteracts the excess willpower, and dexterity unless the values are extreme does not make enough of a difference to be worth stacking, unless you wish to rely on luck. My current statistics are hand picked by me to illustrate the kind of build I was advising, I have had a lot of success with it and have overtaken players in arena that have several months of gameplay on me. I started playing bloodmoon less than 2 months ago and am currently ranked 16th in Arena.

Last edited by Burnt; 03.04.2012 at 19:21.
Burnt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Burnt For This Useful Post:
Old 06.04.2012, 00:06   #78
Liz Summers

I absolutely agree with you on that, Burnt. The phenomenon that Burnt is seeing there has more to do with the fact that she (his unnamed opponent) specialized than anything else. Specialized builds 'sound' like a good idea on paper and will work at lower levels, but fail miserably it seems in reality at upper levels.

I've slaughtered people who have extremes of any stat. There's a lot of complexity in setting your stats 'just' right. Higher strength damage 'seems' to be one of the best stacking places although even stacking that can lead to problems. If you can do 20k per hit more damage than your enemy after armor drops then it can ignore quite a bit of extra health or dodges from people who stacked either of those groups. But even if you can do 30k more per hit if you get over half of your attacks dodged it will really bite you in the end. And, yes, that dodging scenario really is possible as I have experienced it after dropping some dex for str right before hitting a player that I had previously beaten in every fight who was heavily dex oriented.

What you basically need to win in the arena is be able to do 'normal' hits harder than your enemy 'enough' that in turn you can hit often 'enough' that 'random' dodges won't cause you to lose health at faster 'enough' rate than the enemy loses health. And finally you need to have 'just enough' health that the enemy does not finish the fight with a 'lucky' survival where the last hit 'just barely' avoided killing them.

Honestly, the one stat that I don't really feel is too crucial right now is willpower. You need 'only just enough' that if anyone actually 'did' stack it that you won't get 1-hit or close to it. But after that it becomes quite a bit less important compared to all of the other stats, and those few rare souls that still stack that stat will generally be easy prey once you clear their initial hit.

Once she led a happy life... until vampires entered into it. Now it is her life's quest to rid the world of as many of the demonic beings as she can until the day some big bad has his 'one good day'.
Liz Summers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Liz Summers For This Useful Post:

Tags
build strategy