Bloodmoon - Supportforum

Go Back   Bloodmoon - Supportforum > Game & Support > Bugs & Complaints

Notices

Old 22.09.2011, 15:05   #1
orphan

Default attack timers

when i go to initate an attack, it says it will take place in 1 hour. the first time it took 3 and this time 5. in a way its a good thing because if gives members more time to join but it would be nice if that was corrected for better planning and informing members how long they have to join
Old 22.09.2011, 15:16   #2
Anarane

I'm presuming that you are meaning an attack on an opposing clan, and not a singular user, correct?

If that is the case, better planning would be laid on your hands, not in the coding. Granted, an ambush would be out of the question, unless your clan was attacking the opposition separately. However, the wait time holds a purpose.
Anarane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22.09.2011, 18:13   #3
orphan

small correction to my first post, i misread the time on this attack, it was 3 hours again and you are correct. i dont mind how long it takes, i actually like how long it takes as it gives everyone an adequite window to join. when i initiate the attack, it says the attack will be in 1 hour and the attack takes 3 instead of 1. like today, i initiated the attack at 17:01 my time and it happend at 20:01 instead of 18.01 like it should of. all im asking is that it says it will take 3. now i know to the window is definet it wont be an issue but it was a little confusing not knowing.
Old 22.09.2011, 21:40   #4
Bullbound

I haven't seen a war yet, but is it possible that you are mixing up server time with local time? If it says war will happen at XX:XX and it happens at YY:YY for you, is it still XX:XX on the server?
Bullbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22.09.2011, 22:17   #5
lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbound View Post
I haven't seen a war yet, but is it possible that you are mixing up server time with local time? If it says war will happen at XX:XX and it happens at YY:YY for you, is it still XX:XX on the server?
No, it actually says "will commence in one hour" doesn't specify a time, then if you mouse over the sword it will tell you what local time the attack will happen. That is the three hours.

It will get squashed. For a browser game in it's second month worldwide, I am quite happy.
Old 23.09.2011, 05:29   #6
orphan

doesnt commence mean the same as start? and even so, if i initiate an attack at 5 then it should commence or start at 6. if it takes an hour to attack then it should conclude at 7. theres an extra hour in there not accounted for. i like the time it takes because of everyone living in different timezones but it may confuse those attacking for the first time and wondering why the attack hasnt happend 1 or 2 hours later.

fyi for those that dont know, the cost double after each attack (or at least successful attack) my first was 1000 gold and my previous was 2000 and my next is 4000 and i had 2 attacks both being successful
Old 23.09.2011, 05:50   #7
Anarane

From my own experience with similar situations, it is possible that it would mean one hour [b]after[b] the allotted number of members have joined the battle.

Then again, this game continues to baffle me, so I could very well be wrong.
Anarane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23.09.2011, 15:50   #8
orphan

i thought that the first time. after a member joined the attack, the timer would start over but then i noticed the attack time and when that time came, the attack happened.
Old 23.09.2011, 16:00   #9
lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by orphan View Post
fyi for those that dont know, the cost double after each attack (or at least successful attack) my first was 1000 gold and my previous was 2000 and my next is 4000 and i had 2 attacks both being successful
Actually the cost is based on the of the levels of the attacked guilds fortress, treasure, and library multiplied by 1000 plus one additional 1000.
Old 23.09.2011, 16:01   #10
lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lie View Post
Actually the cost is based on the of the levels of the attacked guilds fortress, treasure, and library multiplied by 1000 plus one additional 1000.
This way at a brand new guild is 1000 to attack and it goes up by 1000 each time they raise any guild stat.