Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > General

Notices

Old 22nd June 2021, 03:27 PM
Community Manager

Gilde: UK forum
Default Birthday Update Discussion Thread

Shakes & Fidget saw the light of day 12 years ago and we would like to thank you for your continued support over all those years!

To celebrate this occasion, here's our BIRTHDAY UPDATE to version 9.0 with the following new features:

o New Legendary Dungeon (June 25, 18 CET-July 4)
o New Legendary Items
o Skip tavern quests by watching ads (Android, iOS)
o Visually reworked gems
o Many other minor changes and fixed bugs

Full list of new features, changes and fixed bugs:

It will be deployed worldwide on Thursday!
Looking forward to the dungeon intro? It is already live on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz7vTvSmv4o

Of course we have a BIRTHDAY GIFT for you. Enter the code "Bday21" without the "" by Sunday to claim it!

On Friday at 17:30 CET we are going to have a very special TWITCH STREAM to celebrate the launch of the dungeon (18:00 CET) with you and with a CHARITY CAMPAIGN to support Gaming Aid (https://gaming-aid.de)! Tune in: https://twitch.sfgame.net

More news tomorrow!

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
misszee (22nd June 2021), MuratOzkan (22nd June 2021), wuxiaole008 (22nd June 2021)
Old 22nd June 2021, 04:15 PM
Greenhorn

As you (Leander) probably saw with the reaction in the Discord server... most people are not happy with the event, and I would agree with them. I don't blame you for it, but I do think that the massive lack of communication is a part of the issue here in terms of the servers. On other parts... It just feels like we've gone backwards.

I saw your examples in both the discord and in the comment section under Dorzer's video. While I get the concept of your examples, they really are not to be compared with eachother. Even a simple "Hey guys, just a quick heads up but W50 INT won't be released in the same week as the birthday event" would've been enough, if that was sent a few weeks ago.

The reasons that were given as to why there's no w50 are in my opinion quite laughable. W44 was released under the exact same circumstances, and if anything, w50 was the most hyped server to date. People literally had already taken time off of work, and were ready to dump a crap-load of money into this server. The argument was given that data / marketing were taken into account taking this decision, well I can guarantee you that releasing the w50 server this week would've brought way more hype to it than releasing it in 2 or 3 weeks.

If I compare what is being released this year during the birthday event, in comparisson to last year with the birthday event, I can only conclude that in my opinion we've gone backwards, and not just a little bit. Last year we got multiple cool additions like 10 new stages at the 13th floor and being able to swap runes at the smithy. This year the most noticeable change is the updating of gem-looks... and you can't tell me that's what the community asked for.

Then moving on to the LD. Cool, another LD is always fun, but it shouldn't be the reason to postpone or not release other content like new servers. It's cool that there's been some artwork done on the LD, but most people skip those animations anyway. Adding to that, the LD is crazy P2W, so releasing W50 alongside the LD would've generated Playa massive sums of cash = Big win for both parties.

Might I add, that last year we got a present in the form of 111 mushrooms for creating a new account on a new server. This year, we get an epic that doesn't even guarantee a socket.

It genuinely feels like we've gone backwards from last year, and that makes me sad. Especially since 2021 was deemed as a "Very big year" for S&F. Thus far we're 6 months deep, and I find myself asking the question if we've actually gone forward so far. Sorry for being so negative, but for me it's the truth, like it or not. And as perfectly worded by Suri in the discord, trying to advocate for these obvious bad decisions won't do any favour to the situation.

I genuinely hope these decisions get reviewed, even if it's after the event. Cause hopefully those responsible for it actually learn something from it. This game still has so much potential, don't drop it on it's head like you've done with previous games.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jeffo2000 For This Useful Post:
Bortas (22nd June 2021), dfps (22nd June 2021), Leander (22nd June 2021), Leslie Dunn12 (22nd June 2021), misszee (22nd June 2021), napoli777 (22nd June 2021), QeniX (22nd June 2021), SilvioSpas (25th June 2021), tieum (22nd June 2021)
Old 22nd June 2021, 08:59 PM
Hatchling

Default Bday & Cannoturtle Water Pet #17

Will Cannoturtle Water Pet #17 be available during the entire Bday weekend event (Friday -> Sunday)?
Old 22nd June 2021, 10:00 PM
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wineurod View Post
Will Cannoturtle Water Pet #17 be available during the entire Bday weekend event (Friday -> Sunday)?
For the entire dungeon.

Old 22nd June 2021, 10:00 PM
Community Manager

We decided to start the Legendary Dungeon and the server W50 separately because both at the same time would have been too much for players and let's players alike. Not for all, but dungeon runs take time and there has been a lot of criticism in the past that playing the game takes too long. We are aware that many of you want to play on W50, but many of you also want to complete the dungeon a ton of times to collect all legendaries. The bottom line is that both would have been too much. Moreover, there are let's players and YouTube partners that want to stream both. The anniversary dungeon and W50 server are something special and should remain special. Many pro players, streamers and YouTube partners want to play and present the events in style and with passion but without the stress of collecting legendaries for one or more accounts AND securing a top spot in the hall of fame. There would be too much going on at the same time. Sorry that many of you were hyped, thinking the server would be definitely launched this Friday, but we never announced it. Besides, the time spent on finding players and guilds for W50 is not lost as the server will be launched soon anyway.

The Following User Says Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
SilvioSpas (25th June 2021)
Old 22nd June 2021, 10:21 PM
Greenhorn

Whilst I personally can get to terms with that as a reasoning, I personally would have prefered to have known that a little earlier, so if I had to give some feedback on that: Announcing server starts should be done earlier than 3 days prior to the server start, especially in the case with a server that is as hyped as this one, cause even you know people hyped it up a lot. Like I said, a simple message a few weeks ago could've saved a lot of mayhem, and I think the announcement of "3 announcements coming next week" made people think even more that the server was in fact coming. The fact that most of the CoMa's were already aware of the hype makes me think it was possible to prevent the absolute shitshow that went on this afternoon in the discord. There really was a posibilty to tone the negativity down by just simple communicating with a proper time-window.

But the non-release of w50 isn't even the biggest problem here. Maybe I was naive, but I was just expecting a bit more in general of the birthday event. Like I said, the update we got last year was so much bigger and gave us a lot of new content. I was hoping for perhaps one or two new dungeons, maybe even a new class and a rebalancing of the current classes.

My last resort is now hoping that the events for this weekend aren't completely butchered. I'm not so sure if I can handle another Hourglass and/or Forge Frenzy weekend. Hopefully the choices somewhat compensate for what I feel like is a very lackluster event.

(Oh, and while I'm out here complaining, would it have been too much to ask if I asked for a guaranteed socket on the epic from the Bday21 code?)
Old 23rd June 2021, 12:18 AM
Farm Hand

The problem with this update is that there is no real update because lets be reasonable, the LD is NOT an update it is an event that lasts for ten days. I understand that the LD needs a lot of time to get ready for release, however, we havent seen a serious update for a very long time. Dont get me wrong, I like the gameplay mechanics of the LD but its has become the number one priority and everything else is neglected. Speaking of new updates, Im not talking about something jaw dropping, it could be anything that adds to the game even as simple as a dungeon. Someone is clearly making the wrong decisions when you spend 6 months designing a LD but you cant create a second dungeon map when the first is beyond full and has dungeons that are not even designed. Also, what about the new gems? Noone had a problem with the gems as they were, people are desperate for new features not constant reworks of things that are fine as they are. The lack of new content is really starting to show and judging by the update releases of the previous years, the next expected update is at least 3 months away, I really dont know how many players will wait for that long.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katastrofeas For This Useful Post:
Csabior (23rd June 2021), wuxiaole008 (23rd June 2021)
Old 23rd June 2021, 12:55 AM
Community Manager

Thanks for your feedback!

Actually, a Legendary Dungeon is much more work than a normal dungeon as it has to be themed, designed, balanced, tested...with a ton of all-new graphics, some sounds, voice output etc.

A regular dungeon is less work and difficult to balance as some won't be able to complete it for months but others defeat all monsters upon release or within some days.

I agree that we've come up with a lot of Legendary Dungeons only and not much other content (but some reworked parts of the game, e.g. mail).

Old 23rd June 2021, 02:40 AM
Golden Shroomer

Gilde: US forum

Glad to see a gem rework hopefully they will look they did before the bloated look we currently have. as for the complaints of new servers and not any good new content/updates no biggie personally not every update has to have new content even a birthday update. the LD is good maybe only thing I would have liked to see is maybe a free beer for the weekend. miss the bday events of free beer or more then the normal number of beers you can drink a day. extended all event weekends. bday events do seem to be downgraded each year but added content shouldnt be the answer.
Old 23rd June 2021, 07:03 AM
Mighty Hero

I would have appreciated playa spent just a fraction of the time spent making graphics for the new dungeon to fix the incredible resource stealing bug on browsers that has been ongoing for more than a year now.