Bloodmoon - Supportforum

Go Back   Bloodmoon - Supportforum > Game & Support > Help & Questions

Notices

Old 16.12.2011, 10:55   #11
Bullbound

If there is no one above you in the Hall of Fame to attack, or if there is not enough folks above you to make a full list, the game will pick people that are below you. This is how some folks at the top are able to get large amounts of extra endurance.
Old 16.12.2011, 11:00   #12
Karocet

Sorry, that paragraph won't make sense for you. That's the way it works when you get up near the top. When you're a vampire and there's less than 10 non-vampires above you, you get to attack people below you. There's 18 non-vampires above you, so this won't happen for you yet.

What will be happening for you is that your honour is becoming higher than the person above you, but not from you fighting them. You can gain honour by doing missions, which you get 5 honour for. You could also gain honour by winning fights when people below you attack you. It could also be as you said that they're fighting people above them and losing the fights so losing honour. So all of this could happen and you could jump above someone in the Hall of Fame without fighting them.

If you are weaker than them, then they should really attack you when you appear above them in the arena and get their rank back, but if they don't (maybe they're inactive?) then this won't happen.

Dropping your weapon can work, it depends on who is around you. If no one attacks, then nothing will happen. You could also lose clan battles as you'll fight like a mosquito instead of a vampire. I've stopped doing it, but it might work for you.
Karocet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Karocet For This Useful Post:
Old 16.12.2011, 11:10   #13
kroiden

I must say that i found the phrase "fight like a mosquito instead of a vampire" to be utterly hillarious.
kroiden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kroiden For This Useful Post:
Old 16.12.2011, 12:30   #14
Bianca

Karocet

I did not know about most of this stuff. I copied and pasted it into my Bloodmoon folder. This is really helpful information.

I dropped the gun and gloves I got last night. The gun is 240-472 Damage, 84 Constitution and 82 Strength. The gloves are 807 armor and 160 willpower. I have tried doing castle missions for about 4 hours or so with out raising my stats while fighting and shopping for new gear. This did not get me lower ranking, just this really nice gun and gloves. I tried this 2 days in a row. I guess that strategy does not work.

I am almost an hour and a half into your strategy of taking off good stuff and working for the gravedigger. I have dropped to 27, but it was Bullbound that went ahead of me but she could beat me in her sleep. I will keep at it and see what happens. If this does not get results after 10 hours, I might try challenging opponents with out the gun and gloves. What do you think?

On the bright side, before I took off my stuff I finally beat the Big Bad Hunter on the lvl 19 World Mission. I have been trying to beat him most of the week. He did not give me any lovely parting gift though.

Anyway thanks again for all of your help
Bianca
Bianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16.12.2011, 12:36   #15
Bullbound

Losing missions won't effect your honor. Winning them does. Losing in the arena will effect your honor.
Old 16.12.2011, 14:07   #16
Bianca

Default Thanks for the clarification

I wasn't sure about the effects of castle missions on honor. That's probably where I get most of my honor from, I did figure out about the honor from the arena, because of the little box that tells you how much honor you have won or lost.

I am still not losing rank in the Hall Of Fame. To bad there is not a board where I could announce yell ''come and get it'' LOL
Old 16.12.2011, 15:25   #17
Karocet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
I wasn't sure about the effects of castle missions on honor. That's probably where I get most of my honor from, I did figure out about the honor from the arena, because of the little box that tells you how much honor you have won or lost.

I am still not losing rank in the Hall Of Fame. To bad there is not a board where I could announce yell ''come and get it'' LOL
When I said you gain honour from missions, I meant winning them. No, you don't lose honour if you don't win the mission. What Bullbound said, basically.

There's not a board for it, but lie (and some others, I think) used to announce they'd dropped their weapon. Here's lie's from nearly 3 months ago:

http://forum.bloodmoon.com/showthread.php?t=76
The Following User Says Thank You to Karocet For This Useful Post:
Old 16.12.2011, 16:35   #18
Bianca

Default I understood that.

I'm sorry I sort of wasted you time, but I guess I will got back to my old ways. I lasted about 4 and a half hours. I was only losing rank to people that I could't have beat anyway. Besides which I really like this game a lot.

I want to play. I want to go on missions and fight the disgusting monsters. I want to win stuff and money and buy cool stuff, and raise my stats. I love to shop and to accessorize. I guess I'm more of a girl than I thought.

Maybe I can try this again later, but please don't think that I don't appreciate your input. that just isn't so. I'm just not mature enough to follow your suggestions. I'm sure that someone more mature will benefit from what you folks have written here.
Old 16.12.2011, 21:39   #19
iTZKooPA

Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

Stuck for the various bits of juicy arena strats.
iTZKooPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17.12.2011, 03:28   #20
Karocet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
I'm sorry I sort of wasted you time, but I guess I will got back to my old ways. I lasted about 4 and a half hours. I was only losing rank to people that I could't have beat anyway. Besides which I really like this game a lot.

I want to play. I want to go on missions and fight the disgusting monsters. I want to win stuff and money and buy cool stuff, and raise my stats. I love to shop and to accessorize. I guess I'm more of a girl than I thought.

Maybe I can try this again later, but please don't think that I don't appreciate your input. that just isn't so. I'm just not mature enough to follow your suggestions. I'm sure that someone more mature will benefit from what you folks have written here.
If you were losing rank to people you couldn't beat, then you were too high up the ranks anyway.

I never meant you to stop playing. Dropping your weapon is for the time you'd normally be on gravedigger. You do that when you're sleeping, working, leaving the house, etc.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karocet For This Useful Post: