Bloodmoon - Supportforum

Go Back   Bloodmoon - Supportforum > Game & Support > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 28.05.2012, 09:03   #1
DeathSeeker

Default Change Willpower

Now willpower does (1+ level) x willpower = attack power.
If you have more willpower from the enemy then your atk power - his atk power will give the actual damage you will cause to his life. But the life stat is multiplied by the 25% life potion and the bonus from clan fotress (35-50%) increase. (There is the might potion with 10% all stats but that does affect both willpower and life so I dont mention it). So in higher levels when you have a lot life the willpower build (my favourite and also one of the most fun in the game) can not be effective. I want to suggest a small geometric multiplication in willpower damage to life. So for example we may add in low levels (atk power)x1.05 and as the level increasing we get more bonus in that damage. (atk power)x1.5 in 100 level. Lets take an example of 2 players. Snoof a 111 level vampire on greek server 1 has STR 1080 DEX 1235 Willpower 4039 and CON 1081. He has as much willpower as possible. The other character will be mine 113 level vampire from greek server. I am having right now a good amount of willpower because I like try different styles and builds. I have STR 1818 DEX 1822 willpower 2328 and CON 2060. Snoof's curse does 452.000 damage and mine 265.000. So he is going to hit my life with 187.000 life. I have 428.000 life so I have left with 241.000 life and he has no chance to win this. The only way he could 1 shot me was to have a curse of my life + my curse amount. That mean he should have 265.000 + 428.000 = 693.000 curse power! So he should have 693.000/112= 6187 willpower!! It is impossible of course. Applying my suggestion to multiply the curse damage according to levels so it won't be overpower on lower levels we would have 187.000 x 1.5 =280.500 damage. So I will be left with 147.500 life and this time maybe he will have some chances to kill me.
TL DR?
The important think I want to point out of this example is that right now willpower is useless. If you watch the high level players across the servers noone use the willpower build. It is impossible to be effective because of the HP bonuses and I am suggesting a bonus to curse damage.
/discuss
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeathSeeker For This Useful Post:
Old 28.05.2012, 09:32   #2
Zee

You do realize that not everyone one has the potion of life. Heck some people who play don't want to belong to a guild for what ever reason, and there for don't have the fort bonus. Willpower and Vitality scale the same way, only difference is that Vitality has fort and potion of life bonuses, which eventually allows it so people are not one shotted, like they were at the start of the game, and even for a good portion of it later down the line. So no, I will not support anything that allows you to continue cheese balling for a longer period of time, than intended. Learn to use your other stats instead of just one stat, willpower is still not a useless stat later on in levels, it's just no longer over powered like it was at the start of the game.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zee For This Useful Post:
Old 28.05.2012, 09:41   #3
DeathSeeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
You do realize that not everyone one has the potion of life. Heck some people who play don't want to belong to a guild for what ever reason, and there for don't have the fort bonus. Willpower and Vitality scale the same way, only difference is that Vitality has fort and potion of life bonuses, which eventually allows it so people are not one shotted, like they were at the start of the game, and even for a good portion of it later down the line. So no, I will not support anything that allows you to continue cheese balling for a longer period of time, than intended. Learn to use your other stats instead of just one stat, willpower is still not a useless stat later on in levels, it's just no longer over powered like it was at the start of the game.
Be clanless and with out potions? May I ask your level? After 30 level you should be inside of a clan. Also I am speaking for active players who have potions and clans. Inactive and 100 min per week players can't be consider as contradiction to my suggestion. But I said also (maybe you didn't read it) increase it in higher levels not in low levels. Also if u think so it could be multiply with 0.8 in lower levels so the willpower will not be OP anymore. What you think about that?
Old 28.05.2012, 09:46   #4
Zee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathSeeker View Post
Be clanless and with out potions? May I ask your level? After 30 level you should be inside of a clan. Also I am speaking for active players who have potions and clans. Inactive and 100 min per week players can't be consider as contradiction to my suggestion. But I said also (maybe you didn't read it) increase it in higher levels not in low levels. Also if u think so it could be multiply with 0.8 in lower levels so the willpower will not be OP anymore. What you think about that?
I do have a clan, and I do have a potion. However, I have seen people well into level 90 who do not, and are still playing. The reason I know this, is because I tried to recruit some of those players, but they don't want to be recruited. And yes, anyone can be considered a contradiction to your suggestion the game is for everyone not just people who play it all the time, and use potions. Your suggestions would make it so, that anyone with a potion of life, and anything less than 25% fort bonuses would be one shotted. Or anyone with out a potion of life, and anything under 50% fort bonuses would also be one shotted. I think willpower should be left as is. It was strong at first, but evened out later on. It's fine as is.
Old 28.05.2012, 09:58   #5
DeathSeeker

Quote:
I do have a clan, and I do have a potion. However, I have seen people well into level 90 who do not, and are still playing. The reason I know this, is because I tried to recruit some of those players, but they don't want to be recruited. And yes, anyone can be considered a contradiction to your suggestion the game is for everyone not just people who play it all the time, and use potions. Your suggestions would make it so, that anyone with a potion of life, and anything less than 25% fort bonuses would be one shotted. Or anyone with out a potion of life, and anything under 50% fort bonuses would also be one shotted. I think willpower should be left as is. It was strong at first, but evened out later on. It's fine as is.
Not to easy to be oneshoted in high levels because both willpower and con are defending from willpower build. And also the willpower build will have some chances to take some kills. Look now how everyone is. STR DEX and Con are high and 60% in willpower. This is monotone for me and I would love to see some fun builds again. Yes some people will die if they dont have the potion of life and guild bonus but same would happend by any other build because they missing life. So always the player with the potions and guild have more chances to win.
Old 28.05.2012, 11:00   #6
DeathSeeker

There are 2 stages in one battle. I will analyze how things are now and how things going to be using my suggestion.
WITH OUT MY SUGGESTION:
First stage we have the curse and the stronger curse deal damage. That stage is using only willpower and con stat. So in that patch the constitution is OP because can accept bonuses. Listen my advise, the best build you can have is 0 willpower from items. If you have now willpower from items transfer that amount to con because it's getting buff from potion and clan. After that stage is over we go to the second stage of the battle.
At the second stage we use the STR DEX and CON. Numerous of threads explains armor, weapon damage and many more. So in that stage of the game willpower doesn't affect anything. It only affects the remaining life after the curse damage but If you had transfer all points from willpower to CON you should be in a very good shape.
WITH MY SUGGESTION:
In the first stage we have the same damage but this time it is usefull to have willpower because it defends you from a stronger curse. Because the curse now deal more damage (depends on levels around 50% at 100 level) It would be important to have some willpower or you will lose a lot of life.
At the second stage of the game willpower doesn't affect anything again so it remains the same.
Conclusion:
Right now willpower is useless. Just put more CON and you are in great shape! I am suggesting to change that, increasing the damage of curse in remaining life (after the willpower of player1 - willpower of player2) After simple math calculations anyone can understand how OP life is and how UP willpower is.

Last edited by DeathSeeker; 28.05.2012 at 11:02.
Old 29.05.2012, 03:25   #7
steve007

totally agree its fine the way it is, one shot is boring. try using other stats that what they r there for
Old 29.05.2012, 03:35   #8
DeathSeeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve007 View Post
totally agree its fine the way it is, one shot is boring. try using other stats that what they r there for
Can you explain how one shot is possible? My math can't see it.
Old 29.05.2012, 06:01   #9
Zee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathSeeker View Post
Can you explain how one shot is possible? My math can't see it.
It never will because you don't want it too. There's really no point in arguing this.

Quote:
So in higher levels when you have a lot life the willpower build (my favourite and also one of the most fun in the game) can not be effective.
This quote right here kind of proves that. It's your favorite build, and you will continue to argue for it, regardless of reason.

Last edited by Zee; 29.05.2012 at 06:18.
Old 29.05.2012, 07:42   #10
DeathSeeker

Quote:
It never will because you don't want it too. There's really no point in arguing this.

This quote right here kind of proves that. It's your favorite build, and you will continue to argue for it, regardless of reason.
At least make a try and explain how 1 shot is possible. I took my time and explained how it isn't possible. (snoof and me as example). The points need it for 1 shot are way more than possible. I am talking for 100 level and after. Yes I agree in early stages of the game willpower is super strong. I will change my opinion if you explain me (and follow your advise so I can 1shot people?!?)
The Following User Says Thank You to DeathSeeker For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread