Bloodmoon - Supportforum

Go Back   Bloodmoon - Supportforum > Game & Support > General

Notices

View Poll Results: Should servers be merged?
Yes! 5 62.50%
No! 2 25.00%
I don't care. 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27.09.2016, 08:15   #1
Leander
Community Manager

Default Poll: Merge servers?

As you know many servers are not very active. Playa has thought about ways to raise activity again...one possibility would be the merging of servers. As old worlds have an advantage we would only merge worlds that are of equal or similar age.

Would do you think?

Bloodmoon Community Manager
leander@playa-support.com
Leander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04.10.2016, 05:08   #2
Mzilikazi

Yes, I think it is a good idea. As i have already written on the German forum, one could associate the current server to an account thereby rendering any possible account conflicts obsolete, plus one could couple and decouple servers at will.
Old 05.10.2016, 08:05   #3
WingedWolf

Good idea.Which ones will be affected?
WingedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05.10.2016, 14:31   #4
Leander
Community Manager

We don't know. It's only a theoretical question at the moment so we see if the players actually like it or not.

Last edited by Leander; 06.10.2016 at 10:43.
Old 06.10.2016, 06:46   #5
mhf

Hi Leander,

Indeed it is very theoretical, as you ask players if they like it or not, without
telling them what will happen, or at least what Playa thinks will happen or aims at.

I would like to ask a couple of questions...

First the "theoretical":
a. Does Playa think merging servers will solve the problem of no new players entering the game?
Noone will join a server where top players are 500+ or 1000+ lvl and continue playing in hope he will catch up in -say- 10 years...

b. You merge two servers, one with 100, the other with 50 active players (being optimistic here as I see servers with less than 10 actives...).
In a few months it will be the same, as people quit and there are no newcomers... You'll keep merging until... what?

Wouldn't it be better to try get new players in the game (advertisement, offers, changing a bit the algorithms so small levels advance faster, improving the gui and so on...)?

Then the practical:

a. I have accounts in many servers, and for argument's sake three of them are merged... What happens?
Do two of my chars get deleted, or am I allowed to play three accounts in the new server against the game rules?
How is either going to help the game? Please don't rush to say that's the exception, many players keep accounts in multiple servers.

b.When servers merge, what happens to inactives? Do we end up with servers of 200 actives and 200,000 inactives, or are they deleted?
If anyone decides to come back after a period of inactivity, what happens?

If you have any information on Playa's ideas or plans, please share them with us... ;-)
mhf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06.10.2016, 10:48   #6
Leander
Community Manager

Thanks for your thoughts. We know that merging servers would not mean the game was more active for long. We are aware that it might be only a short revivial and does not attact new players but we want to find ways to make the game interesting for existing players.

We would have to find a special rule for multiple accounts so you can play your existing accounts. Valid accounts before the merger would remain valid after the merger. Only multiple accounts created after the merger would be punished.

Old 07.10.2016, 11:36   #7
Angua

In cases where a player winds up with more than one account, would it be possible for Playa to allow the person to choose one to play, and give him a certain number of bloodstones per level obtained on the others? I don't know what would be fair to do here, but some long time players with accounts on different servers might?
Old 07.10.2016, 12:27   #8
Leander
Community Manager

Could you give more details please? If both accounts are still active the player can play both.

Old 07.10.2016, 13:18   #9
Angua

I only play Angua on w1, but let's say I also played Angua on w2 and those servers were combined. In order to combine the two accounts into one account instead of having 2 on the same server, could Playa:
1. Email all the players of the two servers, warning them that these servers are about to be combined and offering:
A. to reimburse purchased bloodstones (or a percentage of purchased bloodstones) by applying them to one of the two accounts, closing the weaker (we presume) account down.
B. Transferring any existing bloodstones from the account to be closed to the one remaining open.
C. Gifting the player X number of bloodstones for each level of the account being closed down.

I would think it would be better to combine the accounts rather than have to deal with more than one on a single email address?