Bloodmoon - Supportforum

Go Back   Bloodmoon - Supportforum > Game & Support > Help & Questions

Notices

Old 24.12.2011, 18:03   #31
Bianca

Default Again I am sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karocet View Post
The point about the arena is that the stake should be 1 endurance point, but it still seems to be requiring 5. You can only lose 1 in a fight, so why require having more than that to fight?
I have been very busy learning the new rules, and raising my charisma stat as per request of my clan leader. I have not spent any time fighting in the arena at least not voluntarily. I was under the mistaken impression that you could gain or loose more that one point per each attack. (like you could gain or loose various amounts of honor and blood, before). So could you only gain or loose 10 points per day in the arena, five from above and five from below. Am I enlightened now?
Bianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26.12.2011, 11:12   #32
DeathWish

I have seen only +/-1 in my arena battles. You can only attack +/-5 from your current position, which can change as people's honor changes. To prevent someone from abusing the arena, they have limited it to the following:
  • You can only attack someone once per day and get endurance - additional attacks will only adjust honor.
  • You can only attack others within 5 of you, up or down.
  • You can only gain 10 endurance per day. So after you have won 10 battles, you will only win honor.
  • You can only lose 10 endurance per day. So after you have lost 10 battles, you will only lose honor.
This will prevent abuse to gain lots of endurance, or for a bunch of people to beat someone down REALLY far in 1 day, and other things like that.
DeathWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26.12.2011, 14:44   #33
Karocet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathWish View Post
I have seen only +/-1 in my arena battles. You can only attack +/-5 from your current position, which can change as people's honor changes. To prevent someone from abusing the arena, they have limited it to the following:
  • You can only attack someone once per day and get endurance - additional attacks will only adjust honor.
  • You can only attack others within 5 of you, up or down.
  • You can only gain 10 endurance per day. So after you have won 10 battles, you will only win honor.
  • You can only lose 10 endurance per day. So after you have lost 10 battles, you will only lose honor.
This will prevent abuse to gain lots of endurance, or for a bunch of people to beat someone down REALLY far in 1 day, and other things like that.
That's pretty good, but I'd just like to remind everyone that its not 5 places above and below you in the Hall of Fame, but 5 players above and below you which are not of your type. e.g. 5 non-vampires if you're playing a vampire. Its quite normal for them to be more than 5 places above or below you in the hall of fame and for those people to be in your arena.
Karocet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Karocet For This Useful Post:
Old 27.12.2011, 23:41   #34
Bianca

Default The sheet with this information lacked some clarity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karocet View Post
That's pretty good, but I'd just like to remind everyone that its not 5 places above and below you in the Hall of Fame, but 5 players above and below you which are not of your type. e.g. 5 non-vampires if you're playing a vampire. Its quite normal for them to be more than 5 places above or below you in the hall of fame and for those people to be in your arena.
I don't think it stated that you win or lose only 1 point of endurance in each arena battle. I have yet to figured out how they determine how much honor you win or loose, Did I miss this? Also is there a spell check button. I am tired and my spelling has gone to hell.
Old 28.12.2011, 10:27   #35
Karocet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
I don't think it stated that you win or lose only 1 point of endurance in each arena battle. I have yet to figured out how they determine how much honor you win or loose, Did I miss this? Also is there a spell check button. I am tired and my spelling has gone to hell.
The announcement didn't explicitly say 1 point per loss or win, but it did say a maximum loss or gain of 10 per day. Do you need everything spelled out for you? Can't you work out anything for yourself? Part of the fun for me is working out how everything works and making the most of it. I haven't worked out exactly how honour is calculated, but if there's more than 1000 difference, you gain no honour from beating someone below you.

I have spell checking right here as I'm typing this. It's part of OS X. I don't know what operating system you're on.
Old 28.12.2011, 15:54   #36
Bianca

Default I like having a clue

I have fought a few arena battles(maybe 10) now that I have my influence up to the required level.

You do realize that you and I play a different style of game. I do much better if I have clarity. If you wish to criticize my way, feel free, but I will still play my way. I just like to know what is at stake when I go into battle. I had hoped there was a formula for the gain or loss and Yeah, I know, I am a real drag And thank for the information about not gaining honor for fighting and beating someone below you. I wondered why that happened

I am using XP Pro Sp3. I like it. I get the red underlining when I misspell words, but can find no Spellcheck button that changes the words, I have been using my MS Word program, and that is a real drag also. My good ergonomic keyboard died and I am using a little Dell French/Canadian keyboard, and they can not get a manual for me in English. I could more that likely do the French part, but not the French technical part

Last edited by Bianca; 28.12.2011 at 16:02.
Old 04.01.2012, 17:28   #37
johm63

Question Arena Message Question

I have gotten Red messages, that have cost endurance and
I have gotten Green messages, that have gained endurance,
today I got a message that said:
"The fight had no consequences"

what exactly does that mean? and how could that even happen?
we both attacked each other at the last strike and "died" at the same time?

Has anyone else received such a message?
johm63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04.01.2012, 17:43   #38
DeathWish

It means someone attacked you beyond their limit for the day or attacked you for the 2nd time that day so you do not gain/lose endurance (only honor).
DeathWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04.01.2012, 17:43   #39
Karocet

I've not had a message like that. Even when it was the second attack of the day from someone thousands above me in honour, I still got a red message. They'd be getting neither honour nor endurance from it and it still said "The fight costs you endurance". The message you saw would make more sense in cases like that, maybe it's new?
Old 04.01.2012, 18:00   #40
johm63

the message was in green, so I guess it can't be too bad- but I still really don't get it.

Were I skilled enough, I would take a screen shot to show you, but you can trust me, I quoted it exactly.

btw- this opponent and I had a sort of on going personal battle, he had lost to me and then attacked again and I lost to him. then "no consequence" don't know if that matters????
johm63 is offline   Reply With Quote