Bloodmoon - Supportforum

Go Back   Bloodmoon - Supportforum > Game & Support > Accolades & Critics

Notices

Old 22.12.2011, 15:09   #1
DeathWish

Default Consistency in Labels please

It sure confusing when people throw around "Blood" and "Stamina" but the game only shows "Endurance".

Please use the same term everywhere. You are only confusing everyone - noob and vet alike - by interchanging these terms. Whatever the label becomes, make sure the documentation and game screens use the same label.

Same goes for Clan, club, group, guild, gaggle, flock....
DeathWish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeathWish For This Useful Post:
Old 23.12.2011, 22:28   #2
Bianca

Default I complained about this earlier tonight

You can use any fancy officious language and if people don't understand, It's a bit like BLAH BLAH BLAH. The purpose of writing or speaking is to communicate if you aren't understood, you aren't communicating. Is English even these peoples first language?
Bianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23.12.2011, 23:14   #3
Jaxem

Quote:
Is English even these peoples first language?
Actually playa is based out of Germany, though not all of its gamestaff are.
Jaxem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaxem For This Useful Post:
Old 24.12.2011, 07:47   #4
kroiden

Well, mine is norwegian, so no.
kroiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24.12.2011, 08:02   #5
Karocet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathWish View Post
It sure confusing when people throw around "Blood" and "Stamina" but the game only shows "Endurance".

Please use the same term everywhere. You are only confusing everyone - noob and vet alike - by interchanging these terms. Whatever the label becomes, make sure the documentation and game screens use the same label.

Same goes for Clan, club, group, guild, gaggle, flock....
I agree that it's confusing and wish people would use the correct words.

The game does NOT only show "Endurance". Where hunters see "Endurance", vampires see "Blood" and werewolves see "Hunger". Hold your mouse over the stamina bar at the bottom to see this. If you've only ever played a hunter, then yes you'll only have seen "Endurance". For all types, the artificial blood, adrenaline and meat all say "+20 Endurance", so "Endurance" would probably be the best word to use.

Having all these different names, does make sense for the theme of the game, but very confusing when we want to talk about things in general that apply to all character types.
Karocet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Karocet For This Useful Post:
Old 24.12.2011, 11:36   #6
DeathWish

Ok, so in the case of Endurance/Blood/Hunger, it is a learning curve issue. Once people understand those 3 things are the same it is a little less confusing. I suppose that is also true for the "group", with humans joining an Order. I only play 1 character on s1 and that is it so I am unfamiliar with the other 2 choices. Is it Clan for vampires and Pack for werewolves?
DeathWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30.12.2011, 13:17   #7
johm63

you are correct, sir!
johm63 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to johm63 For This Useful Post:
Old 30.12.2011, 15:47   #8
iTZKooPA

Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

Indeed. The terms are often used interchangeably because, well, they are. It's different nomenclature for the different classes. Meant to add a touch of spice but Playa is aware a dash of confusion comes from it as well.

You can see the same issue with guilds: orders, packs and clans.
iTZKooPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03.01.2012, 00:20   #9
Liz Summers

KooPA - I understand why Playa set the terms the way they are, but I am not sure if this system is the most effective. Perhaps it would have been better to simply call these things one single term and used something else to add uniqueness to the different choices.

For example, you could have given vampires a large bonus at night, but a weakness during the day; werewolves could have been given a small bonus on full moon nights but no weaknesses; and the human hunters could have been given no bonuses but allowed more time to fight in since they are not limited to the night hours in order to be at their best.

But rather than making the game have an in-game form of identity, the makers instead decided to force an identity upon the classes just using words. And that is never a good thing. In the wake of that decision we are all forced to fight over terms such as clan / pack / order when a simple "group" or "guild" would have sufficed, and terms such as blood / endurance / stamina when a simple "actions" or "turns" would have sufficed.
Liz Summers is offline   Reply With Quote