Bloodmoon - Supportforum

Go Back   Bloodmoon - Supportforum > Game & Support > General

Notices

Old 13.11.2011, 12:47   #1
Rufus

Default Developing New servers?

Has the game designers ever thought about opening up new servers periodically? I started the game so late and have learned a few good strategies that I would like to use them on a new server.
Rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13.11.2011, 13:43   #2
johnnyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Has the game designers ever thought about opening up new servers periodically? I started the game so late and have learned a few good strategies that I would like to use them on a new server.
You can read this topic and try doing a search before you post, their are alot of topics already in the forum, thanks.

http://forum.bloodmoon.com/showthread.php?t=323
johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13.11.2011, 16:45   #3
Rufus

You could try not being such a jerk but that is probably too much to ask.
Rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rufus For This Useful Post:
Old 13.11.2011, 17:13   #4
DominicS

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyboy View Post
You can read this topic and try doing a search before you post, their are alot of topics already in the forum, thanks.

Quote:
You could try not being such a jerk but that is probably too much to ask.
Sadly Rufus, the more you are on the forums, the more you will find this type of response.

I don't think (at least I hope not ) that his response was intended to be rude.

It is just that the older members of the forums hear the same questions or similar questions over and over and over and over that some of them lose the perception of being a "noob" to the forums and think that by answering directly, to the point, it will get you the answer that you need faster.

Yes, he could have said something to the effect that "As a matter of fact, it is something that Playa does ! If you are interested in joining the discussion, or just to see what has been discussed, why not check out this thread "link", or if not, try the search function and see if that pulls up your topic."

But again, just give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. He was really trying to help get you where you wanted to be, he just forgot his P's and Q's, I believe.
DominicS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13.11.2011, 17:28   #5
johnnyboy

Rufus,

First off, I was helping you out and 2nd off, screw you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicS View Post
Sadly Rufus, the more you are on the forums, the more you will find this type of response.

I don't think (at least I hope not ) that his response was intended to be rude.

It is just that the older members of the forums hear the same questions or similar questions over and over and over and over that some of them lose the perception of being a "noob" to the forums and think that by answering directly, to the point, it will get you the answer that you need faster.

Yes, he could have said something to the effect that "As a matter of fact, it is something that Playa does ! If you are interested in joining the discussion, or just to see what has been discussed, why not check out this thread "link", or if not, try the search function and see if that pulls up your topic."

But again, just give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. He was really trying to help get you where you wanted to be, he just forgot his P's and Q's, I believe.
MIND YOUR BUSINESS, WHO ARE YOU TO TELL ME WHAT I COULDA SAID OR NOT SAID.

Last edited by johnnyboy; 13.11.2011 at 17:43.
johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13.11.2011, 18:12   #6
DominicS

Thumbs up

Quote:
Rufus,

First off, I was helping you out and 2nd off, screw you.

MIND YOUR BUSINESS, WHO ARE YOU TO TELL ME WHAT I COULDA SAID OR NOT SAID.
So much for the benefit of the doubt. I am with you 100% on this one Rufus.

And oh, Johnnyboy, thanks for perpetuating the stereotype that all "senior" posters are elitist jerks. Nicely done!
Old 13.11.2011, 19:37   #7
Mindrana

Quote:

That post is primarily about a pay-to-play temporary server. Yes, there is also a minor suggestion for a new regular server, but the vast bulk of post material and subsequent replies are about the tournament server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lie View Post
Now a new server, that would be news
Johnnyboy thanked the above post. That is my primary reason for being surprised at the general tone of replies by him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicS View Post
And oh, Johnnyboy, thanks for perpetuating the stereotype that all "senior" posters are elitist jerks. Nicely done!
Most of the Senior Members are not jerks. Many do have strong opinions, but I would not presume to call any, let alone all, of them jerks. I do recall someone putting being a jerk as a reason for editing a post, though.

Quote:
To give you the answer to your original question, yes, Playa games has opened up additional servers in the past for S&F. One could assume that they intend to do so with this game, based on the fact that the NA server is s1.bloodmoon.com. s2.bloodmoon.com could be coming soon.

I hope that when additional NA and European servers are scheduled to be opened, that we will be informed ahead of time. This has not been the case with the various other servers. I do recall forum staff saying that they are not given much advanced notice, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
This server isn't even full yet. Not to mention 90% of it is probably inactive players at level 1, who may as well be deleted. Speaking of which are toons deleted after a certain amount of inactivity?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbound View Post
Toons are not deleted, even if they are banned permanently.
I am not very experienced in Playa game development history, so I have to rely on those that played S&F for info on when a server becomes “full”.
Mindrana is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mindrana For This Useful Post:
Old 13.11.2011, 19:51   #8
DominicS

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindrana View Post
Most of the Senior Members are not jerks. Many do have strong opinions, but I would not presume to call any, let alone all, of them jerks. I do recall someone putting being a jerk as a reason for editing a post, though.
Yeah which is why in my original "defense" of Johnny, I said that "some" of the senior members forget what it was like being a noob.

In my reply to Johnny's post, I did state that he was perpetuating a stereotype that all were elitist jerks, and that is just what it is, a "stereotype" that "all" are jerks. I KNOW that isn't the case (you are a case in point ), but you can't argue that, that isn't the impression for us noobs out there.
Old 13.11.2011, 20:56   #9
Bullbound

Talk about a thread spiraling out of control. Some things to keep in mind.

It is against the rules and terms you agreed to when creating an account to be rude.

Linking to a thread that answers the question is a method of providing an answer, and is not uncommon at all with Playa Games GmbH forums.

This question has been asked before, and more than once. I don't have it in my signature yet, but I have been known to put in VERY LARGE letters that folks need to use the search function. Here are some of the places where this has been addressed. 1 2 3 4

We do not have the infraction system in place on these boards like we do on the Shakes and Fidget or SoccerStar boards. This means penalties often receive a warning and then accounts, especially if the problem is widespread or nasty, get banned. Now you all know.

Last edited by Bullbound; 14.11.2011 at 05:01. Reason: added number 4 to include the post below
Bullbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13.11.2011, 21:03   #10
iTZKooPA

Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

To address the original post:
New servers are brought online as the current ones fill up. We moderators try to give players a 24 hour warning before this happens. On occasion, Playa makes it a surprise even to us (generally, this coordinates global launches of numerous extra servers).
iTZKooPA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iTZKooPA For This Useful Post: