Bloodmoon - Supportforum

Go Back   Bloodmoon - Supportforum > Game & Support > Strategy & Tactics

Notices

Old 12.10.2011, 12:43   #1
Kitiara

Default Reputation and Missioning

It's been commented before that it gets hard to maintain your reputation levels in the 7 cities while you are levelling through the late teens and twenties (I'm only 28 at present, so I can't comment about higher).

There is also a variety of thoughts on how best to react to this situation - the most popular ones being
  1. Ignore it completely and hope
  2. Target one or 2 cities and keep them up
  3. Targte missions from a particular city when it's gear is below par on your toon

A consideration to throw into this mix is that there are only 7 cities, and each increases in reputation level every time you complete 2 missions. Thus to maintain your level in all your cities requires you to run 14 missions per level.

If you go to your character sheet, you will see how much experience you need to level up. If you devide this by 14, you will see how much experience you can afford to gain per mission if you are going to maintain all your levels

For example, at level 28, I need 1655 experience points for level 29, meaning that I need to earn in the region of 118 experience points per mission to maintain all 7 cities.

What this means is that if you can hold your experience per mission down, you can maintain each city, and indeed, can not worry about location since over the course of time, random scattering will mean you will raise all your cities to an acceptable level.

So I have fangs and a sun allergy - why are you running again?

Kitiara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kitiara For This Useful Post:
Old 12.10.2011, 12:53   #2
Karocet

As your reputation level increases, so does the number of missions required to increase your reputation. It starts to take 3, then 4, then 5 missions to increase a reputation level.

When I started playing, I completely ignored which city I chose and went for gold over experience. When I found out, 3 of my cities were green, 4 red. It didn't take long to balance them out.

The main problem for me now is that I can barely see the difference in the weapons and armour available in the shop and from missions. It doesn't seem to get much better on green instead of red or yellow.

It doesn't seem to do much harm to ignore them. You can always balance them out later when you're not needing so much gold/experience.
Karocet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karocet For This Useful Post:
Old 16.10.2011, 12:47   #3
seasnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karocet View Post
As your reputation level increases, so does the number of missions required to increase your reputation. It starts to take 3, then 4, then 5 missions to increase a reputation level.

When I started playing, I completely ignored which city I chose and went for gold over experience. When I found out, 3 of my cities were green, 4 red. It didn't take long to balance them out.

The main problem for me now is that I can barely see the difference in the weapons and armour available in the shop and from missions. It doesn't seem to get much better on green instead of red or yellow.

It doesn't seem to do much harm to ignore them. You can always balance them out later when you're not needing so much gold/experience.
I can see a level difference in items. I look at my worst equipped items and at the map and they are typically from my lowest level locations.
seasnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16.10.2011, 12:50   #4
Karocet

I think it must be down to the random way the gear is generated. If an unusually good item is generated, then I'll take it from a mission or maybe buy it and keep it. Then the other gear doesn't look very good for a while if its just average. This is with all my cities a couple of levels above my character's level.
Karocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16.10.2011, 13:01   #5
lie

I will say that even taking low xp quests, if you have the 25% pot and a high library bonus it gets VERY difficult at 7-8 quests per tier to level up each city to even maintain 3-4 cities per level. And as soon as you start making headway, you've leveled and your greens are yellow, yellows red, and reds so far gone. And what happened to... prolly shouldn't say anything.

And god forbid you take that high xp quest with the upgrade item in the city you really don't need rep...
Old 16.10.2011, 15:27   #6
Zee

I disagree. I didn't know this until my very late 40s, possibly even very very early 50s I think. At which point I had every city at least 10 to 12 levels behind, because my priority was taking the longest timed missions possible, so I can spend more time watching a show, or doing what ever else. If times were simular, then I'd take xp, over gold. I have the 25% xp pot, and even back the 2 week or so that I learned of this, or how ever long it was, my guild even at that point had roughly 18-20% to xp gains from the library.

20 some levels later, with our library still getting higher, the potions still working it's magic, and it now requiring 7 or more missions per city to move up a rank in it. I have all but caught upto where I should be. My biggest set back atm, is Venice, which is now only 4 levels behind. Every other city is either past my level, or 2 levels behind at most. So yes it's very possible to catch up, and even surpass your level. You just have to take low timed missions.

Obviously if you see a potion that normally costs bloodstones to buy, or a bloodstone, or even any major upgrade as a reward, take those regardless of the time it takes to complete said mission. However once the rewards are out the way, focus on taking the lowest timed missions, and you'll do alright. Items imo make a bigger difference than xp, or gold. At least for me currently, and when it takes tens of thousands of xp, to move up a level, you'll have more than enough time to catch your cities back upto where you should be.

Last edited by Zee; 16.10.2011 at 15:29.
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zee For This Useful Post:
Old 21.10.2011, 01:39   #7
Kitiara

And for all the initial criticism of my post, even at level 48, with city reputation mostly above the level 52 mark where it jumps to 3, I need to keep my exp per mission below 320 per level for 21 missions per level.

Noone's given any feedback about the exp for a level and the number of reputation quests per level at higher levels, but it does seem that keeping this on track is not the impossible burden that is being alluded to.

Especially for the bulk of players that are in the level 60 and below level range

So I have fangs and a sun allergy - why are you running again?

Kitiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23.10.2011, 22:11   #8
Wolfling

So it looks like the breaks are:

51: 3 missions per city rep level
57: 4 missions per city rep level

... this after 10-50 being 2 missions per. (10 is starting rep.)

That said, even with the increase in missions-per-rep, I find myself catching up (finally) post-50, after being in the red since my mid-teens. So there must be some kind of really major adjustment to XP-per-level that kicks in around 50.
Old 24.10.2011, 01:50   #9
seasnake

In my 40's I was behind on four or five cities. In my mid 50's I have everything no longer in the red and only a couple just short of being in the green. I do a lot of short quests mainly cause I always am looking for new equipment and other boons and longer quests often have suped up bosses that I have no chance at all against and they simply cost too much to risk losing unless I really want something. I hate it when I have to choose between eight and ten point quests especially if they are in cities I'm way ahead on (I'm five levels ahead in 3 cities and a 4th is catching them).
seasnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24.10.2011, 02:28   #10
Zee

I've caught up every city at lvl 75 to at least my current level. However When I beat the newest world mob, it gave me around 15k xp (huge jump), and put me at lvl 76. I'm now 1 lvl behind on 3 cities by about by about 4 quests each. 1 City I'm 4 lvls ahead in, another i'm 2 lvls ahead in, and the other 2 are my lvl. Had I not gained like 15k xp, by the time I would have legitamitly hit lvl 76, I'd would of had every city in green, by a large margin.
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote