Bloodmoon - Supportforum

Go Back   Bloodmoon - Supportforum > Game & Support > Strategy & Tactics

Notices

Old 22.10.2011, 10:30   #1
johnnyboy

Default Attack vs Being Attacked

Anyone notice that we are stronger when we initiate an attack, whether it be in the Arena or Clan Battle.

Another player attacked me bout 45 minutes ago and beat me, and I went back (cause I was pissed, JK) and attacked them and won.

This is not the only time it's happened.

They gonna attack me back probably and I'll probably lose again, but I noticed this about the game.

Last edited by johnnyboy; 22.10.2011 at 10:40.
johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22.10.2011, 13:29   #2
Renelai

I think it's less who attacks who than who gets lucky and hits first, personally~
Renelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22.10.2011, 13:35   #3
Karocet

As far as I know, you're the same strength in the arena whether being attacked or doing the attacking. I'm assuming you are chatting with the person you're fighting and sharing stats from the fight screen. I'd like to see the stats please. If you're close in strength, you could win one time, then lose the next due to the randomness of the fight.

If you're not chatting with this person, then they might not be fighting you at all. They could have gone above you in honor by fighting someone else, or doing a few castle quests.

As for clan battles, I'd say the advantage lies with the defender. The defenders fight at full strength with every clan member. The attacker fights with only the clan members that join the attack. Then they fight at a lowered percentage of vitality, depending on how many member of the clan joined. If 100% of the clan join, then they should attack at full strength, but that's difficult to organise. I think it needs to be 25 members too, clans with smaller numbers of members don't seem to fight at 100% when attacking.
Karocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24.10.2011, 02:01   #4
seasnake

the programming randomly seems to be heavily stacked for whole matches from time to time, I don't see what you described as being a going first advantage as it seems random as to which side is greatly benifitted
seasnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24.10.2011, 08:01   #5
lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasnake View Post
the programming randomly seems to be heavily stacked for whole matches from time to time, I don't see what you described as being a going first advantage as it seems random as to which side is greatly benifitted
If you flip a coin, there is a 50% chance each time it will come up heads. Just because it comes up heads 10 times in a row, doesn't mean something is broken, it actually means the opposite, that each time it chooses, it doesn't use previous choices as weight on it's current choice. If it did, things would cease to be random, they would become round-robin. Just because you have a 50% chance to win, does not min you WILL win 50% of the time.
Old 28.10.2011, 16:54   #6
johnnyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karocet View Post
As far as I know, you're the same strength in the arena whether being attacked or doing the attacking. I'm assuming you are chatting with the person you're fighting and sharing stats from the fight screen. I'd like to see the stats please. If you're close in strength, you could win one time, then lose the next due to the randomness of the fight.

If you're not chatting with this person, then they might not be fighting you at all. They could have gone above you in honor by fighting someone else, or doing a few castle quests.

As for clan battles, I'd say the advantage lies with the defender. The defenders fight at full strength with every clan member. The attacker fights with only the clan members that join the attack. Then they fight at a lowered percentage of vitality, depending on how many member of the clan joined. If 100% of the clan join, then they should attack at full strength, but that's difficult to organise. I think it needs to be 25 members too, clans with smaller numbers of members don't seem to fight at 100% when attacking.
I don't know if I agree you with on the clan attack defenders, as I looked at the clan we were attacking each time one of our clan members clicked the sword to prepare, we had 12 players click the sword and the defenders had 12 players prepared, all 12 as close to the attacking members stats.

Next time your clan gets ready to attack, go take a quick peep at the defenders, they all start off in red and go white after your clan prepares.
johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28.10.2011, 19:32   #7
lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyboy View Post
I don't know if I agree you with on the clan attack defenders, as I looked at the clan we were attacking each time one of our clan members clicked the sword to prepare, we had 12 players click the sword and the defenders had 12 players prepared, all 12 as close to the attacking members stats.

Next time your clan gets ready to attack, go take a quick peep at the defenders, they all start off in red and go white after your clan prepares.
It's in the manual

Click to defend your clan against others.

All members automatically take part in clan attacks and defensive actions. Each member that clicks the sword or shield icon manually increases the effectiveness by 2% per member. Starting at 50% the effectiveness can be increased up to 100%: 50% + 25 members x 2% = 100%.
Old 29.10.2011, 04:11   #8
Karocet

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyboy View Post
Yeah, you will see that but its a bug. You will see the exact same pattern of red and white as your own clan. If your 1st, 3rd and 7th members join the attack, it will look like the enemy clan's 1st, 3rd and 7th members join too. They can't be clicking the shield because you get NO warning that you're under attack. Clicking the shield only does something after you've been attacked. It lets you watch the fight, but even that is flaky and some people don't get to see it at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lie View Post
It's in the manual

Click to defend your clan against others.

All members automatically take part in clan attacks and defensive actions. Each member that clicks the sword or shield icon manually increases the effectiveness by 2% per member. Starting at 50% the effectiveness can be increased up to 100%: 50% + 25 members x 2% = 100%.
Yeah, its in the manual, but the manual seems to be wrong. You can't click to defend as you get no warning that you're under attack.

The percentages for attacking aren't quite right either. The first to attack sets it to 50% then you only have 24 members left so 24 x 2 = 48, leaving maybe a 2% bonus for getting everyone to attack?
Karocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29.10.2011, 06:48   #9
lie

Yeah, the tooltip still says the attack happens in one hour as well, so... shrug.
Old 29.10.2011, 10:48   #10
Bullbound

You do get a warning, but it is for a short time frame on the group's page. I saw one today. It wasn't long, but it was there.
Bullbound is offline   Reply With Quote