Bloodmoon - Supportforum

Go Back   Bloodmoon - Supportforum > Game & Support > Strategy & Tactics

Notices

Old 27.09.2011, 15:44   #1
Nymatic

Default Strategy, Builds!

Alright, I guess some people I know who play the games have been asking a certain question...

What is the best stat to upgrade/improve on? What does it do? How will it help me in BloodMoon?

Well, there's more than one answer to that question folks, it depends on what race you are, how you want to play, and what kind of people do you want to beat.

In other words, you gotta know what build you want!

1. What's a build?

A build is a way you make a character to make he/she successful in it's own way. It involves upgrading stats in certain amounts to get certain abilities.

2. What kind of builds are there?

Well, As far as I know, you can make any kind of build you want, but i'm going to explain three for now, ones that I think are important.

Build A: Willpower build
Willpower can be a one hit KO if you have enough of it, and it's probably the most aggravating build out there . These guys have so much willpower, they kill anyone before the battle can even start. This way, you can even beat higher opponents before they can get a hit in. There's a few problems with this one though... If you spend all the money you earn on just willpower, you lose out in other departments. You might not last if they can live through the roar/curse/purify. So in accordance with willpower, add some strength or constitution in with it too.

PROS- Kills in one hit, quick and easy.
Can allow for higher level kills.
Easy money maker.

CONS- If they survive, chances are they will eat you alive.

Build B: Dexterity build
Dexterity increases the chance that you will attack the other person, and that they will miss. So if you increase it to as high as you can get it, then no one can hit you, and you're free to beat the life out of them. This also goes well with constitution, since then you can weather the onslaught of the roar/curse/purify, then you attack without mercy. Of course, if they can hit you anyway, then hope you have enough strength to kill them before they kill you.

PROS- You dodge everything.
Easy to take on stronger opponents with less attack.

CONS- Based on luck
Needs more than one stacked stat to really work.
Makes battles insanely long.

Build C: Strength build
Strength, is of course, the stat that depends on how much damage you do. Have high enough strength and constitution, and you can beat enemies in a few hits. It also makes it easier to defend your spot in the hall of fame, stuff just bounces off of you. However, it relies a lot on what weapon you have equipped, since that's the second major part of damage stats. You have a crappy weapon? Then you miss out on a lot of potential. You need to have enough constitution to get those few hits in too.

PROS- Easy killer build for NPC and PVP
Gets you a lot of money in a short amount of time.

CONS- If you can't hit, you die.
If you can't defend, you die.

Well, That's all can give right now. If you want, share what build you have!
Nymatic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nymatic For This Useful Post:
Old 27.09.2011, 15:59   #2
wravzilla

why .... oh why..... does everyone forget the balanced build???? it gives you the ability to weather all of the above and keep a fighting chance against all critters the game throws at you.... and makes for a flexible charecter.. if you hit a roadblock you 1 stat focus until you beat it then rebalance until the next road block rears it's head.
wravzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27.09.2011, 16:07   #3
Nymatic

True, Wravzilla, but in most cases, unless you have an overall high stats, that build take a while to perfect. But it IS worth the time to make it. I just don't have such time. XD
Nymatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27.09.2011, 16:10   #4
wravzilla

i admit it is a long process... and you end up taking a lot of beatings as you start.... i figure i will prolly be over 100 b4 the whole charecter is completed to the balance level i want... but i still think in the end it will prove a powerful mix and strong long term strategy

edited for spelling and blood alcohol count
wravzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27.09.2011, 16:13   #5
lie

The biggest thing about this game is that gear is 90% of your "build." If you stat yourself semi-correctly. with a few point shuffle and some gold grind questing you can change your entire build in half a bar of endurance. If you find that a boss or a place in the HoF is your antiBuild and you have the correct base, you can make that change.

This base is usually an almost flat line. You peak it in your one or two preferred stats, but never so much as to leave you lacking in the other two.
Old 28.09.2011, 19:45   #6
johnnyboy

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wravzilla View Post
why .... oh why..... does everyone forget the balanced build???? it gives you the ability to weather all of the above and keep a fighting chance against all critters the game throws at you.... and makes for a flexible charecter.. if you hit a roadblock you 1 stat focus until you beat it then rebalance until the next road block rears it's head.

That's how I'm building, makes it more of a Challenge choosing which items to use too, instead of just picking ones with just willpower for instance, seems to be working fine for now...

Last edited by johnnyboy; 01.10.2011 at 10:11. Reason: Added Some Info
johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02.10.2011, 12:37   #7
Roo

Send a message via AIM to Roo

Agreed with the several above. I'm pretty well rounded, adding the coin to level up each stat with my coin evenly, but focusing mainly on Willpower and Strength with gear.

I have yet to find a player with a higher willpower, as a majority of my gear attributes to it, and then the Strength offsets what damage my Willpower didn't deal, and as such I'm fairly successful in attacking players, as I can get a nice preemptive strike, and then I can follow up with fairly strong physical attacks as I dodge/counter rather frequently.

I say your best bet is to augment your willpower to an "average" amount, as if you completely ignore this stat, you're going to get rocked from the start of every battle, so this is a must-have skill, at least to a point.

Then focus on Strength and a weapon with a decent attack-damage range [cause if you have a weapon that does 1-4 damage you reallllllly aren't going to be getting very far.], and what your weapon damage doesn't augment the remaining strength points will make for a solid damage output.

Third, I focus on Constitution, as your hitpoint total is going to be what is the deciding factor in most games. The more health you have over your opponent is a turning point when you consider your damage output is higher, suggesting you have a higher Willpower/Strength stat.

And then focus on Dexterity the same way you do with Willpower. Get it high enough so you have a hit-rate that reflects a persons dodge-rate, apart from those who are pure-dodgers, then you'll be well rounded and able to take an attack from any side, and [hopefully] come out on top.

TL;DR

-----

Summary:
First, focus on Willpower so that you get the preemptive strike 9/10 times.
Second, focus on Strength to augment the damage that your willpower doesn't accomplish on it's own, so you hold your own when you come against the players that do trump your willpower score.
Third, focus on Constitution, as the more hits you can take, the more you can dish out in return, and with Strength being your "Focus" your hits are likely to hit a lot harder then theirs.
Lastly, augment Dexterity to ensure a healthy hit rate and the occasional dodge so you aren't missing every attack.

Makes sense? I think so.

Also, on a side note, forgot to add:

I came to this game from Shakes and Fidgets, which is pretty obvious that your stat focus should be to your play style, where Mages focus on Intellect and Constitution (Heavy Hits + Glass Cannon/Durability), Rogues focus on Dexterity to hit mildly hard, but dodge frequently, and Warriors focus on Strength for moderate damage, but withstand a lot of damage through insane constitution.

It's fairly simple to realize that you need to get your Dexterity and Willpower "up to par" in terms of finding a nice average so that you aren't overpowered frequently in each fight, but focus on your Strength and Constitution to overpower what your Dexterity and Willpower lack :]

Last edited by Bullbound; 02.10.2011 at 17:19. Reason: Please do not double post. Please use the Edit button located on the lower right corner of every post you make. Thank you.
Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roo For This Useful Post:
Old 10.10.2011, 19:07   #8
seasnake

The staggered build is just about the best I've seen in the game. Basically players select the order of their stats in which they prefer them to be and alot points accordingly. Example: 950 Willpower 750 Strength 550 Dex 350 Con and no points in Char ... normally you would be willing to pay something like twice as much per point of the first s you would pay for the third, the plus side is that it really enhances your strengths and the downside is that you are pretty much stuck with the order you have chosen.
seasnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12.10.2011, 16:53   #9
Renelai

Personally, I tend to spend as much money as I can on the stats that I can find cheap enhancement potions for, to get as much mileage as I can out of them. I don't know if they become less common at higher levels, but I've found five or six of them for under 200 gold so far. Otherwise, I agree, I find that spreading my stat allocation, with a slight emphasis on my damage-dealing stats, as widely as possible tends to be more efficient.
Renelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12.10.2011, 16:58   #10
Kriminal

Send a message via Skype™ to Kriminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renelai View Post
Personally, I tend to spend as much money as I can on the stats that I can find cheap enhancement potions for, to get as much mileage as I can out of them. I don't know if they become less common at higher levels, but I've found five or six of them for under 200 gold so far. Otherwise, I agree, I find that spreading my stat allocation, with a slight emphasis on my damage-dealing stats, as widely as possible tends to be more efficient.
They are still common place, the potions I mean, they increase in price with each one you drink though. Soon you start spending 3-4K or more on potions, however if your stats cost that much, or more, the same principal applies.

Check out the Game Guide

Don't be a SS

(\(\
( - -)
((') (')
Kriminal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
build strategy