Bloodmoon - Supportforum

Go Back   Bloodmoon - Supportforum > Game & Support > Strategy & Tactics

Notices

Old 10.10.2011, 07:14   #1
Roo

Send a message via AIM to Roo

I'll explain each tab in depth for you:

[Character]: Obviously, as implied, this shows your character and their stats. Each Stat affects something different.
Strength: effects Damage, obviously. More strength, more damage with each swing.
Dexterity: effects "Attack" which is your dodge and hit rate, the higher this is, the more likely you are to dodge, and hit.
Willpower: effects "Curse" (if you're a vampire), "Roar" (For a werewolf), and "Purify" (for a hunter). It's a One-Hit skill, and whoever in the battle has a higher Curse/Roar/Purify stat gets a free "Preemptive" attack on the enemy. This stat starts out really strong in the beginning, but falls heavily later in the game when stats become more balanced.
Constitution: Pretty simple, Constitution effects your Vitality, which is your hit points. More health, more hits you can take, more hits you deal out.
Charisma: Charisma drops prices in the shop, and let's you donate "Influence" to a clan (If you're in one.), Influence is used to buy upgrades.
"ENERGY BAR": This red bar, at the bottom of the screen, has a number from 0-100. This is the "Minutes" of energy, and each action you take in the game takes away from that bar. (So if you have 100 energy, and you do a quest that is 12 minutes long, you'll be left with 88 minutes of energy.) If you attack a player, and lose, you lose 1 energy. If you win the attack, you gain 1 energy. You can attack a player once every 15 minutes, without using bloodstones.
*NOTE* Timer resets once every 24 hours at midnite on all servers. (To 100 energy)

[Messages]: Plain and simple, any message a player sends you can be read here, you can also send messages. Easy.

[Clan/Pack/Order]: A Clan/Pack/Order is a group of people who get mutual bonuses from buying upgrades for the Guild. You can donate gold, bloodstones, and influence. There are three categories of stat bonuses that you can upgrade.
1: "Fortress" - Each level of this increases your vitality by 1% (More hitpoints.)
2: "Treasure" - Each level of this increases your gold intake from missions. (Higher bonuses at higher levels)
3: "Library" - Each level of this increases your experience intake from missions and work (Higher bonuses at higher levels.) You can also attack other guilds (of your same faction), and steal their influence and honor. Try to find a good guild asap, and contribute so your bonuses are awesome.

[Hall of Fame]: This let's you see the players in the hall of fame. Based on Rank, you can see where you stack up against your comrades, and if you select one of the three "Faction" buttons on the top, you'll see the ranking list based on just the faction you choose (And where you stack up against just your own people.

[Options]: This let's you toggle options. Turning off the graphics (so everything is just a picture, lets the game run much faster.), turning off the sound, changing your character picture, and several other things.

[Castle]: Going to the castle is where you get missions. Each mission takes place in a different area (designated in the world map) and those areas effect how strong armor is. (Get's a little confusing. I'll explain it in the world map section.) Missions grant your character Gold, Experience, [Sometimes] items, and [rarely!] bloodstones. When choosing a mission, try to keep your world map area reputations the same, so choose based on: Bloodstone Reward -> Area / Reputation -> Item (if upgrade) -> Experience -> Gold.

[Arena]: The arena allows you to attack other players, based on honor, and the game chooses several people ahead of your rank that you can fight. Only pick a fight you know you can win, otherwise you'll lose your energy for missions! Winning fights gains you Honor and Energy. If you lose a fight by another player attacking you, you gain energy, so hope that people are slaughtering you while you're playing :]

[Gravedigger]: This is "work" - You can talk to Ivan and work for 1 to 10 hours, and you will gain gold for each hour based on your level and clan gold bonus. Always set Gravedigger when you're going to be AFK for at least an hour. *TIP* - Take your weapon off while doing gravedigger so players may easily overpower you in the arena, this will generate more energy while you're killed, and other players gain some honor off you. Then when you come back online, you'll be able to climb up the honor ladder more, gaining energy easily as well!

[Sanctuary]: This is where you can find the "World Mission" quest giver. After accomplishing achievements, you can gain "Room Improvements." - which, as of now, does nothing but is for cosmetic uses.

[World Map]: This is where you go for "World Missions" - if you currently are on a world mission, an area will be "Bolder" than the rest (which will be faded) and if you go there you can initiate an attack. They give rewards of strong armor and a hefty bit of gold. You'll also each area has a tooltip about the "Armor" that is sold there, and a reputation level. Each reputation level is gained by doing 2 missions in that area. (If you read the "Quest Text" in the Castle before starting a mission, you will see where the mission takes place.) Each "area" affects a different armor piece (New York - Weapon; London - Chest; Paris - Jewelry; Zurich - Shoes; Venice - Gloves; Yucatan - Helmet; Bucharest - Belts.) -- Try to level each reputation evenly as possible. :]

[Weapons Shop]: This is where you buy weapons and armor, every 6 hours you can select "New Stock" and the 6 items will refresh. You can alternatively use a bloodstone to refresh the stock (I advise against this.)

[Laboratory]: This is where you buy Amulets and Trinkets, as well as potions. You can find Mission Speed potions (50% off your "Mission" Time, 2x the missions in the same time!) Experience potions (25% increase exp), Vitality Potions (10% increased HP), Stat Potions (10% increased stats) [NOTE] These 4 potions last 7 days! but often cost bloodstones. These are great things to spend bloodstones on. You can also get Endurance Potions, which add 20 to your "Timer" bar, but be mindful you can only drink 10 in a 24 hour span. The last item in the Laboratory is "Stat" potions, which are often cheaper ways to increase your stats. Stat potions permanently increase your stats. These are something you should always keep an eye out for. Careful not to waste bloodstones on them though!

[Bloodstones]: Here you can buy bloodstones, which is the game currency, used for potions, "strong" weapons and armors. You don't have to buy them, but doing so will push you ahead of the curve. It's your choice, but $10 once a month goes a long way ;]

Hope that helps!

The Name's Roo.
The MASTER of TL;DR. [Too Long;Didn't Read]
Started Bloodmoon: Oct. 1st, 2010
Currently On: US Server 2
[I deleted my US/UK Server 1 Characters]
Hoping to find some good friends and have a good time.

Last edited by Van Helsing III; 16.07.2012 at 08:28. Reason: Update
Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Roo For This Useful Post:
Old 11.10.2011, 02:58   #2
johnnyboy

That's pretty much the manual on the game Roo, good job

Maybe on your back Van, that's too much for an arm.

Last edited by johnnyboy; 11.10.2011 at 04:00.
johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11.10.2011, 03:24   #3
Van Helsing III

Getting this tattooed on my arm... Think this might become Soul Hunters bible..

No space on my back john

Last edited by Van Helsing III; 11.10.2011 at 10:31.
Van Helsing III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11.10.2011, 07:04   #4
Roo

Send a message via AIM to Roo

You guys are awesome. Thanks :] I've said it once, I'll say it again. Even if this helps one person, one player, it was worth the 8 hours it took to type it. HA! Kidding. No it didn't take that long. But in all honesty if it helps I'm pumped that this post came to be by my hand

The Name's Roo.
The MASTER of TL;DR. [Too Long;Didn't Read]
Started Bloodmoon: Oct. 1st, 2010
Currently On: US Server 2
[I deleted my US/UK Server 1 Characters]
Hoping to find some good friends and have a good time.

Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26.10.2011, 19:27   #5
Japanlover

Angry how to move

sooo how do you do the quests? i get where to do it but not how to actually attack and move and crap so i get frustrated easily. I'm probably just extremely slow but i would love to actually play this game so if anyone can respond that would be wonderful :bd:
Japanlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26.10.2011, 19:35   #6
Kriminal

Send a message via Skype™ to Kriminal

Wait until the timer at the bottom runs out, fight the monster that shows up (auto) and then return to the castle and click reward (if you won). Easy as apple pie.

Check out the Game Guide

Don't be a SS

(\(\
( - -)
((') (')
Kriminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26.10.2011, 20:27   #7
lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriminal View Post
fight the monster that shows up (auto)
Krim to English translation.

This is a browser game, so it doesn't require active participation during the quests. The fights play out automatically using your stats versus the monster's stats. You can come back at your convenience, or hit skip if waiting, and collect your reward.

This is not an action based game, so you don't have to worry about timing or what to do and when. Enjoy the game, and have loads of fun.
Old 27.10.2011, 12:05   #8
iTZKooPA

Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

There's an official manual up now as well, check it here. Don't let it stop the community-based projects.
iTZKooPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06.11.2011, 10:24   #9
niemzo

Default Arena battles

Thank you, great guide. It really helped me getting started. Just one small question. If I lose a battle while I am digging, do I lose energy?
niemzo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to niemzo For This Useful Post:
Old 06.11.2011, 10:29   #10
lie

No, you will not.